I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’m not one for New Year’s Resolutions. But, I do like the motivation it inspires. So, here are mine for this year and a follow up on last year’s to see how I did.
**First, how did I do [last year](http://briantimmer.posterous.com/2011-resolutions):**
Make a list of 2011 accomplishments
2. Blog, as in actually write stuff. I’ve had ‘blogs’ for years (decades?) but just didn’t write in them.
Use Twitter more
Use Facebook less
5. Brew nearly all the beer I drink, with the exception of the occasional exceptional brew
Go to local breweries more
7. Get back into tea and get back into supplementing some of my coffee with it (kinda fell off the bandwagon in 2010)
Get back into running/jogging (kinda fell off that bandwagon about 7 years ago… never got back on)
9. Go for more rides on my bikes, both road and mountain
Take one of my many project ideas and actually shove some time into it
11. Go on a backpacking trip
Not great, but then not terrible either…
* 2 – I just don’t have a ton to say, I’m going to try to remedy that this year.
* 5 – I didn’t have a method of making larger batches, and didn’t get one until later in the year, hopefully I’ll turn this one around.
* 7 – It just doesn’t (or didn’t) fit into my normal work flow, I’m just so used to coffee.
* 9 – Time, all we need is time.
* 11 – See #9, plus it’d help having someone else to backpack with.
**Now for this year’s (in no particular order):**
1. Blog, as in actually write stuff. I’ve had ‘blogs’ for years (decades?) but just didn’t write in them. [last year’s flop]
2. Brew nearly all the beer I drink, with the exception of the occasional exceptional brew. [last year’s flop]
3. Go for more rides on my bikes, both road and mountain. [last year’s flop]
4. Go on a backpacking trip. [last year’s flop]
5. Lose a few pounds and get back into shape
6. Finish two of my web projects
7. Read more (fiction and non-fiction)
8. Less coffee
9. Join a [local SAR group](http://www.kentcountysar.org/) (Search and Rescue)
10. Buy a pistol and get my CCW
What are yours? Did you stick to last year’s? [And then there’s this.](http://5by5.tv/b2w/47 “Back to Work #47: Utter Failure & Hotel Steak”)